Traveling By Car
- Take I-75 at Exit 131, Fort Myers/Daniels Parkway
(previously exit #21) heading West on Daniels Road.
- After driving about 4.9 miles, be in the Center lanes.
Where you cross over US 41 (South Cleveland Avenue), Daniels
Parkway becomes Cypress Lake Drive.
- Continue for 1 mile on Cypress Lake Drive. Move toward
the Left lanes. You will see signs indicating the direction
to Sanibel. You are approaching Summerlin Road.
- Turn Left onto Summerlin Road and follow for about 7.9
miles. At this point Summerlin merges into McGregor Blvd.
Continue another 1.9 miles to the Sanibel Toll Plaza.
- Pass through the tolls onto the Sanibel Causeway. From
here you should follow the “Once You're on the Island”
Once You're on the Island
- The Causeway is 3.4 miles long, after which you will
approach a Stop sign. Bear to the Right and turn onto
- Stay on Periwinkle Way to the end, for about 2.7 miles.
- Make a Left onto Tarpon Bay Road. Continue about 0.8
- Turn Left onto West Gulf Drive. Watch on your
Right-hand side for our Pointe Santo de Sanibel sign. It is
only a few hundred feet after your Left turn.
- The property address is 2445 West Gulf Drive, Sanibel
Island, FL 33957.
- Turn Right into the first driveway marked "Entrance". The
buildings will be on your Left. As you pass, watch for the
parking space labeled B-44.
- We are on the 4th floor. Make a right from the elevator,
toward the center of the building in unit B44.
Tolls: When you drive to the island, you will need to use a bridge, the Sanibel Island Causeway, that charges a $6 / car toll for traffic going to the island. There is no toll for leaving the island.
Most rental car companies can sell you a weekly pass so that you can use the
Causeway, and other Florida toll highways, without charge. Without a pass, it's necessary to pay cash, which can be inconvenient. We buy a pass for convenience, especially if you plan to travel to and from the island often during your stay.
Parking: Once you enter Pointe Santo, turn right to reach Building B. There is a parking spot labeled B44 which is reserved for our unit. No need for parking stickers.